Starting problem with yamaha DT125R

phi1
This post is 6119 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I went out riding on saturday, Got back and cleaned by bike (it was completely muddy) with a jetwash, then after that. I started it up and went for a quick ride! Then i put it away in my garage. Today i went to start it, and it usally starts first time every time.. But now i can't start it whatsoever! My dad suggested the plug may be a bit damp and take the cap lead thingy off and spray some WD40 in there! I did that but there was no diffrence, He thinks the spark plug may be broken? It is rather old spark plug. I just don;t understand how it worked after i had just cleaned it and not today. Maby i got some water somewhere!

Anyway any help would be great..

Thanks Phil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, I went out riding on saturday, Got back and cleaned by bike (it was completely muddy) with a jetwash, then after that. I started it up and went for a quick ride! Then i put it away in my garage. Today i went to start it, and it usally starts first time every time.. But now i can't start it whatsoever! My dad suggested the plug may be a bit damp and take the cap lead thingy off and spray some WD40 in there! I did that but there was no diffrence, He thinks the spark plug may be broken? It is rather old spark plug. I just don;t understand how it worked after i had just cleaned it and not today. Maby i got some water somewhere!

Anyway any help would be great..

Thanks Phil

Maybe you did.

Get a hot air gun and go over the electrics. Try not to melt anything.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online