DT125 R - Petrol Cap removal

Pedz
This post is 6017 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

Am new to this forum and new to bike ownership so please be gentle! :D

I bought myself a DTR the other month, off of ebay for my sins and yes you guessed it i got a real donkey (despite taking a so called bike expert friend along to check it over)....all of the V5 and history checks out though so thats a plus.

It took me a few weeks getting it back to somewhere near its best i.e. undoing the hack job they did on the power valve and cleaning the carb, rewiring the light etc etc.

Have been off roading a few times and went yesterday....this is where i need your help.

I LOST THE KEYS ......yes came off and lost the keys, wasn't aware they could come out whilst the ignition was still on (told you i was new to this). I have the spare for the ignition so not a problem but in its lifetime it has obviously had a new petrol cap and/or ignition because the petrol tank is a different key and i don't have a spare.

Any ideas on the quickest and easiest/least messy way of getting it off, am presuming getting a new one, preferably lockable is also not an issue.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online