Cam timing for a 1997 YZF750

fast-toys-inc
This post is 6152 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey yal!

I need help with this 1997 YZF750. There seems to be no timing marks on the cams. I have timed cams on hundreds of other bikes. The only marks I see are a couple of 5mm holes drilled half way through the side of the far right hand(as you are sitting on the bike)cam lobes. There are no dimples, arrows or stamped lines on the sprockets. I spoke with 2 veteran Yamaha technicians and they both said that there is a line on the camshaft that will line up with a line on the top of one of the cam journal caps, as you look down from above. I took the camshafts out and inspected them closely as well as the caps. Guess what. No lines, dots or arrows. I do remember timing a Vmax 1200 once and it was done using the holes drilled in the side of the cam lobes and the top edge of the cover gasket surface. Anyone out there know about this specific bike. Thanks a load!!!!

Brad

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online