XS360 to electric start

Harv
This post is 6054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I looked through the Search section and didn't see any topics on this.. So, has anyone tried adding a starter to a kick start only XS360 ?.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is what made me think of this , and it is hard to explain. I went up a hill, a car is ahead of me at the stop sign. He's on the level, I'm on the up hill slope.

He pulls out, I accelerate and ease out the clutch and kill the bike!!. :rolleyes: There I am, Right hand locking the front brake, Left foot putting the trany in nuetral, right foot on the rear brake pedal,,

The kick arm is up against the engine, I can't use either hand because they are occupied,, So I use my right foot to get the damn kick arm out to where I can give it a kick, it starts nicely,, damned if I don't kill it again, :blush: , still on the slope and a few cars go by me. Well at this time is when I wish I had electric start :icon_idea: .. So roll the bike back and get it turned around , start it and head down hill no problem. The 360 is put away snug for the Winter and will attack the formidible hill problem another day . :(

The ending of this episode is - as you can tell- I'm a noob, this being my first bike..However things like this can be a big pain in the butt !!! :cussing:

Thanks yoda,, Yes, I marked it up to lack of experience and getting both hands, both feet and last remaining brain cell to operate at the same time !!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online