FZ6

dkratz
This post is 6026 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I intend to buy an FZ6 this spring. I currently own a Kawasaki KLR 650 that vibrates so bad, it puts my hands to sleep after 10 or 15 minutes. I know thumpers vibrate, but I have gotten to the point that I don't enjoy riding it anymore. I read every report I could find on the FZ6 and all the reports say that most of the quirks with the FZ were taken care of in the 2007 model. One report said that above 5000 rpm, the handlebars buzz to the point of putting your hands to sleep on long trips. I would like to know if the virbation they are talking about is really that bothersome or if it is something that I can live with.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I rode a 2007 FZ6 as a courtesy bike when mine was getting serviced and i found it vibrated quite a bit but that was compaired to the R6 which i find a lot smoother.

I do not have a lot of riding experience of other bikes so don't know how much that helps?!?!?

:blink:

Handlebar buzz should not happen on modern bikes but if it does then the manufactureer should be notified. That is a fault, and is unacceptable. However, sometimes in part of the rev range the bars might resonate in sympathy with the engine and this should be dampened down by changing the engine mounts.

My 07 FZ6 vibrates quite badly between 6800 and 7500 rpm once above or below this everything is fine.

My local Yamy shop said to either fit a steering damper (expensive option) or a different set of grips (which i have gone for) it helps quite a bit but doesnt make it disappear completely

The guy at the shop said that it is a resonating frequency between the engine and the bars

My 07 FZ6 vibrates quite badly between 6800 and 7500 rpm once above or below this everything is fine.

My local Yamy shop said to either fit a steering damper (expensive option) or a different set of grips (which i have gone for) it helps quite a bit but doesnt make it disappear completely

The guy at the shop said that it is a resonating frequency between the engine and the bars

hi, i ride a 2005 fz6, yes it does vibrate a bit between 6&8rpm but goes away. they all do it, and has no cause 4 concern. as 4 fitting a steering damper????????????? were is that coming from. ur dealer must be a right muppet. i certainly wouldnt be leaving my bike in 2 him <_< damper is 2 stop front end shaking its head at high speed :rolleyes:so how a damper would solve vibration prob is way beyond me. i doubt if grips would make any difference either :lol:

hi, i ride a 2005 fz6, yes it does vibrate a bit between 6&8rpm but goes away. they all do it, and has no cause 4 concern. as 4 fitting a steering damper????????????? were is that coming from. ur dealer must be a right muppet. i certainly wouldnt be leaving my bike in 2 him <_< damper is 2 stop front end shaking its head at high speed :rolleyes:so how a damper would solve vibration prob is way beyond me. i doubt if grips would make any difference either :lol:

I agree. Ride mag would be interested in visiting that dealer for there Rider power survey.

Old trick for reducing vibes is to take off bar end weights and roll up some builders lead

and wack it in to the bar ends then replace the bar end weights.

I have a fz6n. No problems on the vibe front. It,s also mega on track days.

Nosbor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online