Fitting 41mm Flat slide carbs

TDM878
This post is 6146 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Currently building a Streetfighter based on TDM850 3vd 1992, heard that you can fit 41mm Flatslide Kehien carbs on but I'm wanting to find anybody that has already done this to see if it is actually worth doing before I spend obscene amounts of money.

Just before you guys ask yourselves "what the fuck is he using a TDM for" I'm 6' 8" and its one of the only few bikes I fit on comfortably, but when I get a few pics of it on here you are all gonna shit yourselves, its half built and already looks the bollocks, some of the mods are as follows;

ENGINE: Blue printed, bored to 878cc, Wiseco hign comp pistons & rings, Gasflowed by Cosworth, Dyna ignition coil, Tyalor leads, K&N clamp ons & breather, K&N Stage 3 jets, Vance & Hines clutch, one-off hand made twin exhuast(SP1 style).

Orginal frame & tank, altough they have been chopped and sculpted a bit

R1 '04 forks lengthend internally & externally by Sprintek, front & rear calipers

R1 '98 yolks, replacement stem by Sprintek

JMC braced & lengthend swingarm

CBR 600 FM wheels

R1 '98 seat unit with one-off LED lights

R1 '04 front mudguard Yam logo fret work & LED indicators

Speed Triple Fly screen, going to have in built Digi clocks & Sat Nav

And lots of other little trick bits, so if anyones interested I'll hopefully be posting some pics up soon to make you all drool and winge like a small envious child :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online