yzf750 troubleshooting help needed...

bhhacker
This post is 6107 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently bought a 96 yzf750. it only has 9k miles on it, and after cleaning the carbs it runs and idles well, but the tach keeps going up to 7k on its own...like a code or something. Anyone know what that means? Also, I have to dump the clutch around 4-5k in order to take off, otherwise it just sputters at like 1.5k rpms and then dies when i stop giving it gas. Im assuming thats the exup acting up? When i first turn on the bike, should i be able to hear or see the exup do anything? thank you for your guys time.

• 5 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

With the ignition off turn the servo-motor slowly to another position from where it is! , then when you turn the ignition on the servo motor should bring it back to it's zero position.

I would also check that the carbs have been synchronized properly and the air-bleed screws are set to about 2 turns out.

Common issue is the exup shaft does seize-up and can cause problems, just like I say above see if you can move it by hand (should be relatively easy).

Check the cables are not frayed also this can cause exup-stutter!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online