XJ550 shocks

steveralls
This post is 6150 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone tell me the correct length for the shocks for a 1984 XJ550 ?

I've seen shocks advertised for this model but they are the same length as the ones I've got - 335mm.

The problem is that with center stand down, both wheels are on the ground and the bike isn't too stable. I had one 23 years ago and I'm sure the rear wheel was a good inch off the ground when on the stand.

Thanks

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Just checked my 1982 XJ650 and it has about an inch clearance for the rear wheel on the centre stand, also shocker length is 335mm. My 1989 XJ600 is almost touching the floor on centre stand but it has wear on the mountingpoints (holes got longer) so it rocks slightly when touched, will need welding to correct it.

Hope it helps Dave C

Hi

Just checked my 1982 XJ650 and it has about an inch clearance for the rear wheel on the centre stand, also shocker length is 335mm. My 1989 XJ600 is almost touching the floor on centre stand but it has wear on the mountingpoints (holes got longer) so it rocks slightly when touched, will need welding to correct it.

Hope it helps Dave C

Many thanks Dave,

this is being stripped down and restored so I'll have a look at the stand mounting points when I get that far.

Steve

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online