1ST GEAR CLUTCH RELEASE - BIKE MOVES SLOWLY

SophicMan
This post is 6167 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok....finally got all my starting problems solved. and new a new one pops up.

as i release the cluch for 1st gear to engage you can feel take hold, but at a very slow, if not all 100% engagement (hoping this makes sense).

What could it be?

I did a search on this topic but could not find any info.

Thanks.

Robert'

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

as i release the cluch for 1st gear to engage you can feel take hold, but at a very slow, if not all 100% engagement (hoping this makes sense).

What could it be?

Thanks.

Robert'

Robert

OK this could be a number of things - but first you should check the freeplay at the clutch lever and adjust. You should also check the adjustment on the activation mechanism - usually a worm gear arrangement which should have all the slack taken out - then backed off 1/4 - 1/2 turn. If neither of these make a difference then you could be looking at a problem with the clutch itself - weak springs or a problem with the friction plates. If adjustment does not work then I would advise replacing the clutch components ie springs, friction plates and steel plates.

Good luck

Geoff

:rolleyes:

What could it be?

Thanks.

Robert'

on the engine, clutch side, wind in adjuster as per manual then set free play 1 - 2mm at clutch lever

if no different:- clutch cable not lubed, incorrectly routed, or it could be frayed inside. for the price, buy a new one.

lastly your clutch pushrod could also be bent preventing it returning against the clutch springs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online