DT125 LC Barrel gasket

Gary1
This post is 5460 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I have just rebuilt the bottom end on my 1988 DT125LC after finding out the gearbox was filled with water!

On dismantling it turned out some muppet had previously bolted the barrel on without a gasket,just using hylomar!!

When i looked at the barrel,it was obvious to see the water jacket ran straight through it and out of the bottom,hence it filling the gearbox up through leaky seals etc.

My question is,now that its all going back together,which barrel gasket will i need to go with the barrel that i have(it is the later one with Y2 stamped on it)

Will it be a plain gasket which covers the water outlets on the bottom of the barrel or one with a hole/holes in to let the water flow into the small recess in the crankcase

Any help much appreciated.....Gary

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think what you a refering to as the water jacket at the bottom of the barrel is actually the cylinder transfer ports. As the crankcase is seperate to the gearbox on a 2 stroke the water is probably coming from a worn waterpump seal.The new base gasket will have cutouts on each side to match the crankcase cutouts / transfer ports in the cylinder.Tony.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online