XS360 Bad Spark Plug Wire

SophicMan
This post is 6080 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Below is a pic of my spark plug wire that I need to replace. After I took the tank off I noticed it is connected to some other part (I simply just can't take the wire). Looks as if I need to replace whatever this tan thing is too.

Anyone else replace a bad spark plug wire?

This is a large photo (so you could see good). Might take a minute to load.

Please help if you can. Thanks.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

ok I determined that this is an ignition coil. The plug wire can not be removed. The entire coil needs to be replaced. I did some searching and found this little guy new coil but it looks different.

Anyway there you go...just in case anyone else has this problem. thanks.

badplug.JPG

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Below is a pic of my spark plug wire that I need to replace. After I took the tank off I noticed it is connected to some other part (I simply just can't take the wire). Looks as if I need to replace whatever this tan thing is too.

Anyone else replace a bad spark plug wire?

This is a large photo (so you could see good). Might take a minute to load.

Please help if you can. Thanks.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

ok I determined that this is an ignition coil. The plug wire can not be removed. The entire coil needs to be replaced. I did some searching and found this little guy new coil but it looks different.

Anyway there you go...just in case anyone else has this problem. thanks.

badplug.JPG

Hello sophicman,, I have a 77 XS360 and just went thru replacing my coils. With the help of drewpy, I found a new pair on e-bay UK. A little pricy but it's what I wanted. There is a pair on e-bay U.S. now, not new but very nice condition. They are the same kind as the ones I bought, Grey housing and with replaceable wires (like your car coil). Mounting bolt distance are the same as old ones..Best of luck !!!

Hello sophicman,, I have a 77 XS360 and just went thru replacing my coils. With the help of drewpy, I found a new pair on e-bay UK. A little pricy but it's what I wanted. There is a pair on e-bay U.S. now, not new but very nice condition. They are the same kind as the ones I bought, Grey housing and with replaceable wires (like your car coil). Mounting bolt distance are the same as old ones..Best of luck !!!

Harv -

The ignition coil works fine. It is where the wire meets the boot that's the problem. They seperate. The wire on the otherside does not. I'm wonder if there is a way I can make that boot keep a good connection to the wire...then I wouldn't have to replace anything.

Comments??...Anyone??

Thanks.

Harv -

The ignition coil works fine. It is where the wire meets the boot that's the problem. They seperate. The wire on the otherside does not. I'm wonder if there is a way I can make that boot keep a good connection to the wire...then I wouldn't have to replace anything.

Comments??...Anyone??

Thanks.

http://www.xs11.com/tips/repair/repair24.shtml

there you go . I have done it, but your coils are old and will start to fail

Harv -

Comments??...Anyone??

Thanks.

sophicman,, My last reply went hither ??. Those caps-boots, screw on to the spark plug wire. Clean the small screw and wire core good, removes oxidation for better contact .. I'm a green horn myself :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online