yamaha 125 trimoto

kinder
This post is 6171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, just joined --I wanted to know what the heck i'm doing wrong with the above trimoto. I rode the bike, it worked but noticed a "rattle" inside the motor, --it was the clutch-side main bearing. I took the engine apart, replaced both bearings and seals. put it back together and it won't start. i replaced the stator, the CDI, the plug, and it still won't run. Now i'm wondering if i got the piston in backwards?? the slots in the piston are turned toward the carburator side, the piston has an arrow on top and i pointed that toward the front tire. I spin the engine with a large drill and still it pops shoots a little fire out of the exhaust but still will not start---so,--what's wrong>>>??? - Kinder - thanks for any input

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like it might be sucking air in through possibly 1 of those new seals :unsure:

After starting attemps, Is the plug dry or soaked with fuel?

Sounds like it might be sucking air in through possibly 1 of those new seals :unsure:

After starting attemps, Is the plug dry or soaked with fuel?

The plug is dry. Do i take the engine back apart and replace the seal? I never thought of this s---thanks - Kinder

And too, does the engine get it's lubrication through the slots in the piston? Some two cycle engines pull the fuel mixture directly through the engine crankcase then through ports up sto the intake on top oif thee pisto. But evidently this type engine draws sthe mix through the piston when it is down--- I just dont know. - Kinder

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online