TZR 125 Ignition barrel

Nemomega
This post is 6169 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well, i seem to have lost my keys to my recently purchased 1990 TZR 125. I was wondering if, to a complete mechanical virgin like myself, is it difficult to change the ignition barrel and the one in the seat and petrol tank too?

I am devistated as i was so proud that it lasted on my 700 mile adventure up and down the country (which is pretty much all the riding i have done on it so far), and now i cant even ride it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi mate theres 2 bolts hold the ignition of a tzr 125 rk to the top yoke take them both out and remove the whole barrel and disconnect it from the loom,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-DT-TZR-RD125-...1QQcmdZViewItem

You will have to drill out the seat lock and the tank lock once drilled the seat lock is held on with 2 10mm nuts and the fuel tank lock is held on with allen bolts.

If you get stuck for a fuel tank cap and seat lock send me a pm and i will see what i can find in the garage as i spent the summer breaking tzr 125's and still have a few bits lyin around ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online