DT125 Deristriction

JonRisby
This post is 2677 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

liquidcooled is right the reads dont improve performance but they made mine rev alot smoother on racespec.co.uk they are £28.50 so they are worth chucking on

u definetley need the dep pipes ans open the power valve and make sure u get a pre 91 cdi box if u cant get one let me know i should be able to get one off my mate jerry for £15-20 i can post it to u its worth every penny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i switch the ignition on you can hear the servo move for the powervalve... so how do i tweak the powervalve???

Im short of £££ at the mo coz i just bought to bike so i want the cheaper options first but in 2 weeks time i shall get a full dep system!

J:)D)

yeah as regards to my reeds comment, there aint nothing wrong with them as such, infact they're good for throttle responce and crispiness off the throttle, but power gains can't really be had. if it's just cheap power you want then concentrate on the other areas first. if you want to make it that bit nicer through the revs and have the spare cash then a set of reeds will be good. if your bike is only reving to 8 grand it's prob restricted through the powervalve or cdi. i dont know much about the cdi on late bikes so can't help there, sorry. the powervalve will be be pinned in place though. have a look and see if it's got the pin stopping the valve from turning. once it's fully open it should rev to about 11 maybe 12 with a full system :twisted:

• Admin

Like i said check this link out it has everything just have to try and make sense of the translations :lol:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...DUTF-8%26sa%3DG

I really love Google translator.

I've just been on the German Ebay looking for bits and it's like reading something written by a 5 year old.

Really wierd.

"I really love translator Google. I was straight on the German Ebay, which looks for points and it is like measured value something, which is written by 5 a yearly. Really wierd."

:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

The later DT125R's have restrictions in the exhaust, the CDI and speedo(linked to the CDI).

Remove the restrictors from the front pipe by cutting the pipe in two at the main weld joint about 12 inches from where it bolts to the cylinder. See here

Get a old CDI from an earlier model (1989 would be best, 1990-92 next).

Simply removing the exhaust "washers" from a 1999- bike just isn't worth the effort. get an less restricted CDI too.

For earlier bikes without the YPVS controller fitted as default, remove the exhaust washer from the neck of the front pipe and ensure the power valve is pegged in the "fully open" position. Consider an earlier CDI unit too.

Well if your good with electronics this site tells you how to modify the cdi

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...DUTF-8%26sa%3DG

CLick on the tuning on the left and Schaltplan CDI on the top, for the instructions. They also show you how to unrestrict etc..

GOod site, but the site has been translated via google so is quite funny but all seems pretty simple to follow  8)

That link just explains how to disable the "reed" switch that is fitted to the back of the speedo on the later bikes. When the bike is at or about 60mph the signal from that reed switch tells the CDI that the bike is reaching a speed where the timing needs adjusting to reduce performance. Simply removing the reed from the speedo isn't enough as the CDI expects a signal from it and if it doesn't get one then it alters the timing anyway.

• 2 months later...

HELP!

Does anyone Know where i can get my 2001 DTR125 Cdi Modified to de-restrict my bike or does a pre 1991Cdi plug straight in and if so what happens with the reed switch in the speedo and how will this affect an earlier Cdi as the wiring will still remain intact to the speedo reed switch ?

IGNORE everyone about that cdi Trick :!:

I have a 98 DT 125 and i have deristricted it for very little money

Does yours have the power valve that is connected to a servo motor and pully assembly?

Also there is no speed restriction on the speedo... ive just been out on the local bypass and had more than 80mph :lol: (the speedo maxes at 80mph) :shock:

ta

Jon

i used the cables that whent into the powervalve to rotate the power into the almost open position and then i put a full dep system on it to make it look and sound great :)

• Admin

What does it rev up to though as i am pretty sure that they restrict the rpm of the engine :roll:

• Admin

The unrestricted ones go to 13 i think :roll: Cant remember now :? Mozzy???

they can rev right up to red line but like i said speeds and rev limited all depends on milage and engine condition

fair play jon i told you it was worth it mate

What does it rev up to though as i am pretty sure that they restrict the rpm of the engine  :roll:

i have now got mine to rev to 7500rpm then the restrictor comes in !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online