desperately need help from yb100 owner

pfcdaz
This post is 6184 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, i have one thing left to fix on my yb100 to get it through the mot, and it is proving to be a massive pain. the rear brake pedal does not return after it is pressed down, and this means that the brake light stays on, automatic MOT fail....doh!

unfortunately, there is nothing in the haynes manual about the correct set up for the brake pedal/switch system, and i am not convinced that the springs and parts were attached as they should be, unfortunately i have no frame of reference.

i would be hugely grateful and forever in the debt of anyone who could take a couple of snaps of the mechanism on their bike and post them on here, alternatively message me and i could provide an email address.

cheers in advance

Daz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Daz

Is it the pedal or the switch that you have the problem with?

There are a couple of springs here - one big one for the pedal, and a small one for the switch - I will try and post some pictures later.

Geoff

cheers mate, i think i have figured it out now, the previous owner had connected the large spring from the pedal to the switch, and part of the switch was mssing. the way i have set it up now is with the spring going from the pedal to a hook point on a bracket built into the silencer, and a piece of wire connecting the switch arm to the pedal.

would be interested to know if i have it right now, it seems to work, and makes sense in terms of the parts that are visible.

MOT 9am tomorrow.......

Hi Daz

OK have just been out to the garage to have a good look at the arrangement which is unfortunately a bit difficult to photograph adequately - sorry. Here goes with a description instead:

The large spring, which is the one that deals with returning the brake pedal to it's normal position fits from a hole in the pivot part of the brake pedal to a hole in the exhaust bracket.

The spring for the brake light switch is a little more difficult (both to descibe, and fit - as I recall!) but it runs from the hole in the switch arm up to a clip fitting which I believe is held on further up the brake pivot arm by a split pin arrangement. The hard bit is setting the the switch to activate when the pedal is used and released.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the MOT!

:rolleyes:

eureka!!! that is exactly how i figured it to be. bloody anoying that they didn't see fit to put anything in the haynes manual. i am pretty hopeful about the MOT, there is a slight leak in the left fork seal, but a bit of rag under the gaiter hid it sufficiently last time i put it through the mot, and i have fixed all the other things it failed on now!!! i have a new stanchion on the way to solve the leak issue, but i am waiting for a mate to cut it out of a warped lower fork leg and i need to get the mot done in the school holidays while i am off work.

fingers crossed, and thanks again

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online