Hello and HELP !!!

alex_randall_89
This post is 6171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all !!

Im new to this forum thingy but Ive got a 86 Yamaha FZ600 bike that some asshole previous owner really screwed up..

It seems he used excessive amounts of silicone on the face of the cam cover which squeezed inside and ended up in the oil pump intake in the crankcase, clogging it, restricting the oil flow and now causing the crank, cams and head to get screwed.

2 of the main bearings have spun and so has one of the rod bearings which has mostly fallen apart causing the rod to be loose and rattle (the reason i originally tore the engine apart)

Ive now got a crank, two cams and a head that are scratched beyond sensible use and a bunch of worn out bearings..plus alot of silicone and metal shavings.. :(

Im wondering where can i get another motor for this animal or all the parts to fix it? hopefully some one out there knows a scrapyard or the like..

anyways thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any info anyone might have..

-alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...
yea i was thinkin along those lines...so far i havent been able to find another motor tho..they seem 2 be pretty rare over here unfortunately..Only 1 bike shop had even heard of them before... :( but thanx
hi alex,i have seen a engine here in the uk,its on e bay,dont know if this is any help to you,i use e-bay quite a lot for my fz600,cheers,tufty1066,

hi alex,i have seen a engine here in the uk,its on e bay,dont know if this is any help to you,i use e-bay quite a lot for my fz600,cheers,tufty1066,

Pre dizzy XJ600 is the same engine, no? Less likely to have been revved to the ragged edge too; maybe.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online