2005 ttr125e carb issues

gregost
This post is 6106 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just traded my pw80 for a 2005 ttr125 off craig's list. needs some attention which it didn't receive from previous dipsh#@ owner. have gotten all perfect except the carb. can't get it to idle. have dissected it and used the manual to check settings and unfortunately it just doesn't idle. runs good otherwise. have the idle set screw turned in almost all the way. the air screw setting on the bottom of the carb is only open about 1 1/2 turns. the carb has an ink stamp 'RM' on it. perhaps this means remanufactured? anyone care to toss in some sound advice. hate to have to spend the $$ at the dealer or buy a new $210 carb.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok i figured it out. the air screw opens to make it run richer which is opposite a two stroke. duh.. once i figured that out i just opened it a few turns until it idled and then dialed it in from there. bingo. bike runs like new.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online