Speedometer cable connectors

Harv
This post is 6062 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does any one else have a Yamaha XS360-2D ?.. The speedometer cable is what I need info on. The one one my 360 has a threaded collar that goes to the speedo. The other end has a push in bushing affair with an o ring. Pushes in and secured by a clip.

The Yamaha Parts manuel shows that type of cable as being the Tachometer cable and the speedo cable having a threaded collar fitting on both ends.

I need a new speedometer cable but want to make sure I'll get the correct part..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does any one else have a Yamaha XS360-2D ?.. The speedometer cable is what I need info on. The one one my 360 has a threaded collar that goes to the speedo. The other end has a push in bushing affair with an o ring. Pushes in and secured by a clip.

The Yamaha Parts manuel shows that type of cable as being the Tachometer cable and the speedo cable having a threaded collar fitting on both ends.

I need a new speedometer cable but want to make sure I'll get the correct part..

OK, I fixed the thing,,, The housing was stretched about 1/4 inch, maybe a bit more. The bayonet tip wasn't inserting far enough to make up with the drive assembly in the hub. I pulled the cable out and pushed an 8d box nail down in the in the housing, rapped on the end of the fitting with a plastic hammer untill I got it compressed back to the correct length. The 8d nail kept it from distorting the inner housing. Any way, it spins nicely. I thought of doing that when my eyeballs popped open at 3:30 AM , my brain lightbulb came on, aha!! :o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online