2004 - 06 Plate help needed

ch782
This post is 6206 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Just hopefully about to become a proud R6 owner but would just like to ask a couple questions about a bike i have been looking at.

Does anyone know much about 2004 models not being registered till April 06? I have the chance of buying a 06 plate 04 model one and just wanted to check before doing so.

Also if i do buy it what year would i tell the insurance it is? If i do it online it just asks for year... I can put it as a 2004 and enter the reg plate which comes out at a decent price but if i register it as a 2006 its another £90.00!!

Any help appriciated

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all

Just hopefully about to become a proud R6 owner but would just like to ask a couple questions about a bike i have been looking at.

Does anyone know much about 2004 models not being registered till April 06? I have the chance of buying a 06 plate 04 model one and just wanted to check before doing so.

Also if i do buy it what year would i tell the insurance it is? If i do it online it just asks for year... I can put it as a 2004 and enter the reg plate which comes out at a decent price but if i register it as a 2006 its another £90.00!!

Any help appriciated

thanks

Get a permenant marker pen; change the "R6" to "R60"; tell your insurance company its only 60cc ............

Sounds like you are using an online insurance form; try to phone up a decent company (who knows what they are talking about) and give them the details over the phone. They may understand and know enough about the model differences; they may just give you a price based on the registration date. If you can prove it was built in 2004, you may get your discount; what proof have you? Remember though that if it gets declared a total loss, the value could get assessed as a 2004 model; would you rather take the money for it's 2004 worth or 2006? Was this actually built in 2004 and is, therefore, a late registration or is it just described as the 2004 model but built in 2006? Can someone enlighten me on the R6 models?

You have to be straight with the insurance people though; what would happen if you lost control and rode your bike through a crowd of supermodels and then found out that you weren't insured 'cos you had entered the details on the insurance application "incorrectly"? (If you did wipe out half a dozen supermodels, you may get some fanmail though. :D )