TDM 850 Advice

Lewis MCT
This post is 6195 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yo people, im 17 have been riding bikes since i was 8, i beleive im a competent and able rider. (Of course i think that) :P

Basically i saw the TDM 850 (newer model) and thought that i should get a new bigger bike, after having done my full test of course. Any Advice on taking the full test would be great aswell by the way. As im under 21 or havent ridden with a full liscence for 2 years ill have to restrict my bike to 33bhp regardless of which bike it is, now at stock the TDM 850 has 80BHP, now ive been told that aslong as the bike has relative torque the restriction shouldn't present too much of a problem, however the TDM is quite a heavy bike, although i dont intend to be loading it up with stuff.

I would like any comments, advice on > Full Test > TDM 850 > Restrictions etc...you get the picture...id be thankful for any advice you might have...

Lewis out>>>

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yo lewis had me first tdm 850 at the tender age of 21, its a big bike allwreet -get it moveing an it melts between your legs. put me in hospital for 3 months though an had to learn how to walk again so treat them 70-80 bhp with respect coz every man an his dog is out to knock you off, its roads we are talking about here not field rideing on a stollen scrambler. As a new rider you are;, im dissapointed more people havent offerd advice to you , but thats the sad state of bikeing this day n age (try getting a nod off a supperbike rider when you ride a giant traily) good luck boyo :):)

im dissapointed more people havent offerd advice to you , but thats the sad state of bikeing this day n age

Maybe it's because nobody knows jack shit about restricting a TDM 850. And quite frankly it's a bloody stupid idea anyway.

Lewis....just buy a bike sub 33bhp and do out your time on that. You're just wasting your money doing anything else.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online