Fazer 600 2001

Alperin
This post is 6191 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My Fazer 600 has started playing up when it gets to about 6-7000 revs under acceleration. Its coughing and spluttering and won't get past that rev range. Its only got 9000 miles on it and the only modification that i know of is a viper can. The carbs are balanced, the plugs seem good, air filter clear, etc. Has anyone got any ideas on this or come across similar. Also with the can, its got a removable baffle that when i put in makes the problem even worse to the point that the engine will sometimes cut out after you try and power through the coughing and spluttering bit.!! When its in neutral though it will rev round quite happily though..... odd?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This sounds like a fuel supply problem. Demand is exceeding supply due to dirt in the system somewhere but probably not the carbs as you state that the engine dies thus all the carbs have the problem. You need to strip down and clean the fuel system and fit a fuel filter.

Is the choke stuck open?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online