DT125X Exhausts

mellon1989
This post is 6032 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

been riding my DTX for just over a Week now and have reached the 600 miles point after 1st service i want a new exhaust.

but what makes are out their and are they worth it

ps. any thing i can do to improve my fuel economy, 60miles to a tank is taking the p1ss to say the least

Mellon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

im certain arrow do one, there good, excellent quality a touch on the expensive side but its worth it if you can afford. if you want a cheaper option, someone like the carbon can company are cheaper and still good. but you pay for what you get really. also cheack the fitment of your dt against teh larger yams like the xt, if they are the same then your can choice is broadened a lot more. best of luck

• 3 weeks later...

im certain arrow do one, there good, excellent quality a touch on the expensive side but its worth it if you can afford. if you want a cheaper option, someone like the carbon can company are cheaper and still good. but you pay for what you get really. also cheack the fitment of your dt against teh larger yams like the xt, if they are the same then your can choice is broadened a lot more. best of luck

an xt isnit bigger its smaller if anything and just a shit 4 stroke

ive got a brand new 57 plate dtx had it a week and a day dun my first 1500 miles, and yes 1500, myn's got a depexaust (around £160 for pipe and can), it does ruffly 120 miles b4 it gets onto reserve. if its restricted u mite be revvin it more to make it go. if u alter sprockets it'll du tonne easy, 85 without even touching powerband, and still stes off like the stink. or change sprockets other direction, it'll stand up on end all day. lol, up to u

• 4 weeks later...

DEP are the most popular systems on DTs. They're a bit expensive but the power gains are significant.

Leave gearing standard or add 1 tooth to the front sprocket at the very most. Regardless of what chavs might tell you, fitting bigger front/smaller rear sprockets on a DT will not improve your top speed and you will cause it to bog down in top gear. The theory is correct but a DT simply cannot produce sufficient power to benefit from the lengthened gearing.

• 4 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online