r1 front wheel

yzfsammy
This post is 6204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, i posted this in the sportbike section but got no replies, hopefully sum1 can help me in here!

Does a 2001 front wheel from an r1 fit on the slightly later 02 model? Because im putting forks from the later bike on my road 2001 model but the wheel off my later model is bent as a boomerang!

Any help would be great!! ta sam :ninja:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would be worried more about the streightness of the forks you intend to fit. If the wheel is that bent, why do you want to fit those forks?

Nah, i know the forks are good coz i bought them to rebuild the crashed bike, the original fork and yoke set up was fu**ked, cracked bottom yoke, clean snap down the middle of the top yoke, one bent fork with a broken caliper mount, and the top nut on the other fork was copletely ground away!

The forks i wana fit were bought from partfinder from a low millage bike! but do you know if the 5jj wheel will fit the later forks?

thanks Sam :ph34r:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online