My ongoing, running project CAUTION DIAL-UP USERS, PICTURES!

Rufio
This post is 6204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just thought I'd post it in the classics because it's old! Was given this for free by friends as a non-runner. Decoked the head, changed the chain and fluids, added some not so necessary bits to tidy it up and it passed it's MOT first time! First bike project with my dad and it's been great fun, I feel I've learned a lot (except that you need to check the fuel regularly on it!) :rolleyes:

Whaddya think guys?

DSC00892.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just thought I'd post it in the classics because it's old! Was given this for free by friends as a non-runner. Decoked the head, changed the chain and fluids, added some not so necessary bits to tidy it up and it passed it's MOT first time! First bike project with my dad and it's been great fun, I feel I've learned a lot (except that you need to check the fuel regularly on it!) :rolleyes:

Whaddya think guys?

DSC00892.jpg

Good job,brings back memories of my first legal bike in 1983,all the gears are down on the yb100if I remember right,not as good at remembering things as I used to be :lol: The bikes a classic,what's your next project?

Whaddya think guys?

DSC00892.jpg

Looks great!

Restored my YB earlier this year - after some b*****ds had nicked and torched it 4 years ago! Used it to practice for big test - now passed on to the other half to do hers! - Don't think i'll part with it now.......ahhhh I love the smell of a two-stroke in the morning.......

Keep biking!!!

Whaddya think guys?

Nice bike, what's your next project?

Cheers guys, nice to see I've spent my time well!

It still needs some cosmetic work and come the winter months, I'll probably take it off the road and do the rings and maybe bore it out 5cc or so.

I think I'll hold onto it until I pass my full test and then I'm hopefully gonna go for something like an 80's 400 or 250.

Not sure yet, something fun though!

(And yeah, all down Andy, well remembered!)

Where's the chain guard?

Well spotted! It was off at the time while we were waiting on the other one, there's a new one on now. I've attached a picture that I've just taken on my phone. Please excuse having one shiny front fender and a rusty one at the back, I've just taken a break from cleaning it up!

Meheheheheheoisewoie.jpg