Another Darn Newbie

fifer
This post is 6228 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi , My name is Mike Fifer . I am 55 years old and could not afford an RD when I was young. I have riden on and off for about 40 years now. I (in my youth days ) raced a Yamaha 125 MX , 250 MX , flat tracked the 250 and a BSA 500 Victor and ended with a S3 Kawasaki and a H1 Kawasaki Dragster. I now ride a Suzuki C50 to work (50 miles round trip) daily. I recently purchased a 1976 RD400. I have since done some work to it and this is the progress now.

DSCN4558-600.jpg

DSCN4559-600.jpg

DSCN4560-600.jpg

DSCN4561-600.jpg

DSCN4562-600.jpg

Thanks , Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest Brian Bonner

Hi , My name is Mike Fifer . I am 55 years old and could not afford an RD when I was young. I have riden on and off for about 40 years now. I (in my youth days ) raced a Yamaha 125 MX , 250 MX , flat tracked the 250 and a BSA 500 Victor and ended with a S3 Kawasaki and a H1 Kawasaki Dragster. I now ride a Suzuki C50 to work (50 miles round trip) daily. I recently purchased a 1976 RD400. I have since done some work to it and this is the progress now.

(lots of great pics here.. )

Thanks , Mike

:blink: You're calling yourself a newbie? Shoot man, compared to you, I'm just a 3 week old toddler on a motorcycle! :lol:

I look forward to hearing some of your experience if you share it here.

Brian

:blink: You're calling yourself a newbie? Shoot man, compared to you, I'm just a 3 week old toddler on a motorcycle! :lol:

I look forward to hearing some of your experience if you share it here.

Brian

Ah yes Brian , I could bore you to tears with all the mistakes and mishaps as well as the old school racing tricks and close calls. I used to race against a gentleman from Albuquerque by the name of Dave Compo. He used to hold the MC land speed record on the Easy Riders twin engine Harley Liner. I am also friends with a gentleman here in Las Cruces by the name of Bob Duffy, he happens to hold the world record for the fastest 1/4 mile riding the bike backwards.

Oh what fun!!

Mike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online