Essex Air Ambulance Bike Ride Sun 16th Sept

This post is 6019 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok so it's a bit late as a report but this day wuz fan-flippin-tastic & next year I'm determined I'm gonna ride my own bike. A coupla YBRs joined in part way through the 60 mile ride out route. As a girlie pillion I had the best time waving like a maddun at the spectators parked in laybys, stood on bridges and even stood on the middle of roundabouts all along the route :D

Photos at Essex Air Ambulance 2007.

Ok so they're harleys and buells (see other somewhat rude threads!) but SERIOUS respect to the skills of Craig Jones - he's soooo worth seeing. Bacon butties weren't too bad either :rolleyes: worth dragging ya backside outta bed on a Sunday morning to do this kinda thing. An experienced lady rider on another forum needed their services a few weeks back after an accident 6 miles from home left her left leg shattered in 5 places - ouch!!!

I managed to catch someone out at the Pitstop Day at Orwells, Ipswich last Saturday by spotting he hadn't removed his attendance sticker from his headlight so asked him if he'd had a good time - I think he thought I was psychic :lol:

As an event this is excellent, brilliant organisation, great spirit, although there wuz a bit of an unseemly scramble in the pre-registered area to depart asap so it could have been more overtly marshalled but no-one dinged anyone else as far as I could tell :blink: Just keen I guess!

For once the girls loo queues were waaayyy shorter than the fellas :lol::lol: So we need more lady riders/pillions to even up the numbers in future :)

Amanda

• 1 month later...

Did this run in memory of a friend who recently passed and also a friend who was involved in an accident and was in hospital at the time. Was an absolutely brilliant day and I can't wait to do it again. Took some pics as I progressed which are nice to look at and remember the nice weather and a calm ride over to the seaside :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online