RXS100 CARB SETTINGS

allconfusedat39
This post is 6220 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI ... have got an E reg rxs100 ... just taken the mrs down to do her cbt and the bloody thing wont idle... gonna make life hard for her bit when she gets back i need to check the carb settings ... as good a place to start as any ... so any of you guys knopw what they should be ?????? cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Glad to hear that your missus is gonna be a biker too

For the record here are the seetings you need - but also remember that as it's a 2 stroke good crankase/carb seals are critical to getting the bike to idle well.

Air screw turns out 2 & a quarter

Float height 21mm +/- 1mm

Idle speed 1400rpm +/- 50rpm

Clip position 2

Start the bike and get it up to temperature then set the air screw as above and adjust the idle screw to obtain a reliable tickover. If this doesn't work I would dismantle the carb and make sure the idle circuit airways are clear by blowing compressed air through them, and making sure the idle jet is not obstructed. If this makes no difference then you need to look at the oil seals on the bike you can test this by spraying WD40 on the seals and seeing if that makes a difference to the running.

Good luck

:rolleyes:

PS don't forget to tell the missus that when you brake the indicators go dim or stop - good old 6v systems!!

cheers for reply ... when you say clip position 2 what are you talking about??? would this be inside the carb should i need to take it apart ... entering territory unknown now .

Well i've not had a phone call yet so lets hope its going well .. she doing it with motag ... never heard of them till recently and only two in a group, which will help her confidence :D

The mrs is now a biker ... got her cbt an is well made up ...

Tried setting carbs up as described and it didnt work so have taken them apart and cleaned them ... put the float needle in wrong way round to start ... petrol everywhere... all back as should be and ticks over nicely .. thanks for the advice.. steve :D

Hi

Glad CBT went well - big bike test next! :D

Clip position 2 means the position the main needle jet/valve is set to - if you have taken the carb to bits you should see that the long brass needle is held on by a circlip set into a particular groove - position 2 is the groove position counted from the top (I think) - It should be set at this as a matter of course but worth checking.

:rolleyes:

i did check, it was set 3 down, left it as was as ... dont what diference it makes from clip 2 but it runs and idles ok... and i get 70 out of it...

it's kinda of fun really .. so easy to ride compared to other bikes i got ... might have to steal it off her let her have the mille ..... nah sod it i'll both she cant reach the floor on the mille

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online