FZ6 Fuelling problem

Johal
This post is 6227 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm running a 2005 FZ6 Fazer with the following problems:

1. Switch on from cold, idle is very low (less than 850rpm). If not revved will stop. Unable to increase idle speed.

2. Engine running temperature takes a long time to reach, and when it does, engine will stall if not revved because of low rpm.

3. Very poor fuel consumption (about 100-120 miles to the tank), and running rich (black smoke when revved high).

There doesn't appear to be a lack in overall performance except for the above problems, and costing me a fortune in fuel.

I was advised to use fuel additive to clear injectors/valves, but this hasn't worked.

My nearest Yamaha dealer is a round trip of 450 miles, so would appreciate any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if it's running rich the optimum engine temperature will take a long time to reach. Aside from that, it is possible that the engine coolent thermostat is stuck open also causing the same effect. The two could be tied together in that the fuel system sensor is keeping it rich, due to the coolent temperature. So, start with the thermostat and ensure that this is working.

Also the low idle speed when cold could be caused by being super rich.

if it's running rich the optimum engine temperature will take a long time to reach. Aside from that, it is possible that the engine coolent thermostat is stuck open also causing the same effect. The two could be tied together in that the fuel system sensor is keeping it rich, due to the coolent temperature. So, start with the thermostat and ensure that this is working.

Also the low idle speed when cold could be caused by being super rich.

Thanks for the info yoda.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online