Satellite Navigation on a Motorbike?

Talya
This post is 6130 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am so crap at direction and get lost even in my own area.. can I get a Sat Nav that is battery powered and has a headset for audio? If there is more than one out there with this function.. what brand would be the best?

Are there mounting systems for them so it's hands free?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey cheif, sav nav good idea i have this one, TOMTOM Rider. battery powered and bluetooth so no wires to helmet. plus i'm on a YBR 125 so L plated, you can tell the nav not to take motorways it you perfer back roads.

http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php?ID=146

Get a Goldwing. You can just recline back and let autopilot take over. Just kidding.

Most cell phones have navigation features. And I've seen people rig up their cells to their tanks so they can talk and ride. Which means you could just flip the screen open and let it do the navigating.

• 2 weeks later...

Gamin make one for BMW with a mount. Otherwise it's Bluetac I'm afraid!!

Are you sure you want a satnav for your bike? It'll take you down motorways!

I've now passed my test :)

Would it still be a good idea for me to tell the satnav to avoid M-Ways seeing as I do only have a 125?

My mum's offered to get me one for my birthday :) Also, looking at tank bags, would this one be too big: http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product...ander%20Tankbag

?

Thanks for any replies

CONGRATULATIONS!!

125 riders rule :D

Amanda

Thank you! Red 125 riders are even better ;)

Another q: Have been told it's OK to block out my L plates with a cross of electrical tape but I didn't have any so used brown packing tape. Is that OK? It's just my bf is still learning so I need to leave the L plates on really.

Another q: Have been told it's OK to block out my L plates with a cross of electrical tape but I didn't have any so used brown packing tape. Is that OK? It's just my bf is still learning so I need to leave the L plates on really.

you could just get a map holder that attaches magnetically to your tank.... unless maps reading falls under the directions problem :)

There is no need to block out your L plates. You are trained to a higher standard than the L plate, so you can even carry passengers with the plate on.

Next step up is a new 250cc as the engines are now 4 stroke and produce 30 hp. They are alot cheaper than the 600's which need to be detuned. Expect to pay about £3500 for 2008 models.

There is no need to block out your L plates. You are trained to a higher standard than the L plate, so you can even carry passengers with the plate on.

Next step up is a new 250cc as the engines are now 4 stroke and produce 30 hp. They are alot cheaper than the 600's which need to be detuned. Expect to pay about £3500 for 2008 models.

I couldn't find any 250cc bikes.... apparently there's no demand for them in England... I would have loved a YBR 250 but no luck :(

Right I wasn't sure if it was allowed to carry passenger with L plate.. imagine I might get pulled over by the police if I tried it!

Also.. map reading is OK but I'd have to stop everytime I got to a new roundabout/junction to check direction :P I am very paranoid about going wrong.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online