Don't make the same mistake!

MarkInUnionKy
This post is 6242 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, this is my first post here so hi!

I just bought a V Star 1100 this weekend. My first bike. Congrats to me!

Anyway, a tip to the wise. Don't buy a bike at the begining of a long holiday weekend. You have no plates and you will be tormented because you can't legally get out on the road! Believe me, it was a little rough on me mentally!

Well, I drove from Cleveland to Cincinnati Ohio with a plate on Saturday. I had my dad covering my tail as we blew by about 6 cops. Then bit my lip on Sunday and just drove it a couple of miles but I had to take it out today since it was nice and we went to a family cookout.

So there I was breaking the law. Naughty me. But I just could not help myself. I guess I have no self control. ANYWAY, maybe I should have used one of my dads old plates I don't know... but I didn't get busted so it's all good.

So in my ecstasy, I was in a little agony! Thought I'd share that with you. Can't wait to be legal!

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure about where you live. But I know in Georgia you can ride without plates for 30days as long as you got a bill of sale on you. Even if it's on a notepad.

You will get pulled over but overall cops leave you alone. Mainly because they don't feel like chasing a bike knowing they'll loose.

My 2nd day riding I got pulled over with no tag, insurance that wasn't readable, and riding after dark on a permit. He let me go no tickets or warnings.

Yeah, I was hoping they would be lenient if they did pull me over. It just sucked not being fully legal. Hopefully I'll get my plates today!

Sounds like you were pulled over by the right cop! For some reason I thought they might even impound the bike in Ohio, so I was a little nervous.

Mark

Technically there is nothing the cop could do to me. I had insurance and a Bill of sale. And the only reason I was out at night was there was a huge thunderstorm that came through the town earlier(I was at a bike meet). And even withou the tag most cops won't bother pulling you over. I know in the county near me (If not the state of Georgia) if you attempt to run (Wether on a Busa, Moped, or Truck) they can't persue you unless you have a warrant for your arrest for a violent crime such as Rape, Robbery, Murder, Assault.

Which in Georgia very few people actually pull over who are on bikes. Most just bolt.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online