02 forks/01 bike

yzfsammy
This post is 6225 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, was woundering if anyone could help me, im slowly rebuilding a 02/03 yzf r1 but my road bike is a 00/01 that is on 19000 miles now so is need of the suspension refreshing, ive been told that the rear shock will swap straight over and is a plus because the later shocks are a better, but i wana know how much work it is to make the later yoke fit the earlyer bike? if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all, was woundering if anyone could help me, im slowly rebuilding a 02/03 yzf r1 but my road bike is a 00/01 that is on 19000 miles now so is need of the suspension refreshing, ive been told that the rear shock will swap straight over and is a plus because the later shocks are a better, but i wana know how much work it is to make the later yoke fit the earlyer bike? if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Come on folks any info would be helpful :lol:

If the fork stanctions are the same diameter (I think they were but had the yoke offset changed) then you won't actually need to change the yokes, just the fork legs themselves. (providing that the clamping area on the forks is ok). Make sure that you check the unladen height before you go makeing changes so you can make sure you stick with that, to much difference and the handling will be crap. (to slow or too twitchy)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online