Will a SR250 engine fit the 125 frame ??

slot
This post is 6056 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a quick question :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if the SR250 motor is the same size etc, and will fit the SR125 frame ??

Cheers Dave

I'm pretty sure that my local friendly bike garage said the bottom end is the same; presumably the gearing is different though. (Either in the box or the final drive.) This suggests that the stroke is the same, so if it's true the 250 engine should be about the same height, suggesting it will sorta fit. I'd be worried about the rest of the chassis handling the extra power though. (All those with the drum braked model prepare to carry spare underwear!)

Not to mention what your insurance company will say. Best to keep it reasonably stock I reckon. Now does anyone know if the XJ600 engine will fit the SR125 frame??

• 4 months later...

Now does anyone know if the XJ600 engine will fit the SR125 frame??

I've got a hammer and a selection of crowbars - fairly sure that I can make it fit...

(will probably need to modify the exhaust mounts 'though :D )

I've got a hammer and a selection of crowbars - fairly sure that I can make it fit...

(will probably need to modify the exhaust mounts 'though :D )

I was thinking of open headers; I don't want to draw too much attention to myself though ........

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online