turn signal problem

01yzf600r
This post is 6227 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok here is the Problem i just bought a 2001 600r and i was changing the oil and everything when i decided to cut off the front turn signals to get some flush mounted ones. when i cut off the front turn signals all the back ones do now is flash fast and both flash when i turn on the signals like warning lights. i went to put on the new signals and they all flash like warnings when i try to turn the turn signal on. also on my bikes dash the turn signal indicator doesnt come on when the flashers come on. please let me know what the problem is.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You have short circuited the wiring.

Also if you have fitted turn indicaters that are LED, the loading is wrong and you need to introduce a sink so that the relay works properly.

So many people have great ideas and no way of carrying them out properly.

Well I'm not there with you so I don't know what is actually wrong with your machine. I suggest that you start off by checking that you have done the wiring properly and then examine the outside of the box in which the new turn indicators came in, to find out if they are LED.

If you find that the wiring is not shorting, disconnect one side and see if you have the same problem. Then do the other side. If you find that you have fitted LED lights, then you might have to fit a new turn relay for lighter duty.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online