Thundercat RPM is freaking out

superpimp
This post is 6118 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and gals,

Need help.My thundercat as and RPM issue.And goes up to 8000 when on neutral then goes back down to zero and goes back up and again this during the entire time im riding.Seems like a bad conection or something can anyone tell me where is the RPM sensor or cable on the bike so i can find it and test it out.Ive looked but cant find where it plugs in the motor.

Thanks for infos

Dan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Common fault with the cat, and is part of the diagnostics system.

What it's saying is that there is a problem with the fuel sender. Usually it doesn't need replacing but can be fixed by soldering on the wire that breaks loose. You will need to have an emptish tank, take you tank off and tip it upside down on to some soft non scrath padding and then remove the sensor the broken wire is hidden away inside the tank.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3000 is the TPS

7000 is the Exup (not relevant to Thundercat but is to Thunderace)

8000 is the Fuel Level Sensor

It's very common for the wire on the actual sensor to break free and a simple solder repair sorts the problem.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online