what size bikes for my kids?

code3run
This post is 6144 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am brand new to this forum. I am just getting my 11 and 8 yr old boys into riding. I just bought my 8yr old a brand new Yamaha TTR50. I want to get my 11 yr old a used 90. Are these bikes supposed to be good? I have heard they would be good for them to learn on. Just wondering what your thoughts on this model bike and any other imput? Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am brand new to this forum. I am just getting my 11 and 8 yr old boys into riding. I just bought my 8yr old a brand new Yamaha TTR50. I want to get my 11 yr old a used 90. Are these bikes supposed to be good? I have heard they would be good for them to learn on. Just wondering what your thoughts on this model bike and any other imput? Thanks

It's not the bikes but their natural abilities you should be investing in. They are too young really but can learn just as much on pedal bikes to enhance their balence and riding skills. When they can do extradinary things with cycles, then introduce motorbikes.

I have seen this senario before and had the father of said demon child seriously talked to. The child survived dispite the worst (in this case) lack of training from the father.

Since I grew up riding, it is very easy for me to say that I never got hurt riding a motorcycle, but broke my arm on a bicycle. The difference was: I rode a bicycle whenever I felt like it, but when I wanted to ride the jr50(suzuki) I had to ask permission, be supervised, and most definately have a helmet on. The way that whole situation progresses is entirely in your hands. I hope you realize how important it is to ride WITH your children and show the basics.

I learned to ride with my Dad who raced short track and TT Scrambles(which don't even exist anymore) but the important thing was that he taught me the basic rules by example.

Good luck,

Jeff

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online