v star 1100 fuel question

ink bones steel
This post is 6124 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all , new to this forum , been riding a honda for years now and just picked up an 01 v star the other day and well haven't gotten a manual in yet , so my really stupid question is since im not familiar with this bike , anyone know how the reserve works like is it connected to the main fuel tank or is there a separate fill point for it , my old bike they were just connected so im not realy sure as to how this is set up since i haven't found a point to fill a reseve any help would be greatly appretiated ive only had this bike for 2 days now, also any online diagrams or manuals would be awesome , no one here ( austin) seems to have it in stock and mail order takes too long , its like riding blindfolded

Thanks All

Brandon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i see.. yea i actually have been calling around everywhere looking for the clymer manual , just found one and wasn't seeing an ACTUAL Reserve tank , no light though , must not be on this model , which is nothing new to me my shadow HAD a fuel sensor for about a day then it burned out and inevitably i customized it and removed all but the speedo and used a calmp on at that .. so i guess ill play the how far can i push it (milage) till i run outta gas game... so far the bike 1 me 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online