DT175mx thinks it a crosser.

Pongo
This post is 6153 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all first post and all.

I have a DT175mx that apparently once upon a time was i would say raced but used in enduro competition would prob be a better bet. It then returned to being a road bike, then became a box of bits, then back to a bike,then i got it. Thing is she 4strokes like crazy unless you ride it like a full on crosser (no surprise)with big fat gobs of throttle. It goes well enough when you do this lifting the front wheel for the first couple of gears if you dont lean foreward, but trying to hold a steady throttle in town or traffic is becoming a real pain in the asre as the 4 stroking is steadily getting worse.

She ticks over ok, uses choke to start, wont go without it from cold but will baulk with it when warm which makes me think the mixture is about right. Recently decoked. As far as i can tell there has been some 'file' tuning done in the past.

Its not restored or anything, just tidy. Ive had it since i was 17, nearly 20 years if anyone is botherd and get it out for a bit of fun in the dirt or just to bimble down the road on a very un pc piece of noisy (the fresco pipe's a bit loud)smokey history.

Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online