All of these bikes are wannabee Harleys

ZoomSplat1982
This post is 5587 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

indian_full_1.jpg

hi thought id check out these indians, and yep, harley looks a bit of a rip off of the origional

Don't be too hard on Harley Davidson and their riders. There's a new player in town and I don't mean Victory. The old Indian name has been resurrected and will be producing bikes from their North Carolina plant shortly. Too late to put a deposit down for a 2008 model now but go check their site out. Sorry lost the url!!!

Indian, the first American motorcycle.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is anyone even paying attention to this troll?

he only has two posts, both of which were designed to stir the pot a bit.

let him live with his illusions, its not our problem.

The only reason this guy is all over yamaha cause he is pissed he got ripped on his harley. AHAHAHAHAHAHA. All my family have harley but have Kawasaki or yamaha for real riding cause they are tired of the tow bills from harley.

Ill admit im only 21 so I cant go into all of these old stories about the past but my automotive professor taught me alot about the history behind harleys...it started off a long time ago when one of his mechanics in his shop was working on one as a sideproject and when he quit he left the bike there...for months mr fant(my professor) tried to GIVE the harley away but noone would take it so he ended up throwing the bike into the dumpster.....import bikes had always dominated the marked as good, reliable, affordable, comfortable bikes in comparrison to the harles at that time that were cheap and constantly failing....from what ive heard the only way harley ever made it was because the hells angles bought them because they were so cheap to find one used and unwanted by anyone else...and now that they chose to slap a wayyyy overpriced msrp on the sticker and promote them to all of the "going grey" mid-life crisies people of today...they are buying them up like vetts...just look around you...just like vetts, at least 95% of them are owned by middle to upper class males over 30...they have come a long way but they are still a modern status symbol. I appologize to anyone who rides a harley taht doesn't fit in this category but you do have to admit that your fellow harley owners arent quite as "cool" as the used to be. Just my 2cents

• 1 month later...

Yamahas especially the touring bikes are lame imitations of a truely great motorcycle. and a YAMAHA will NEVER be a Harley.

I thought I'd poke my head in this lame forum to see whats up,......but its all wannabees,...posers,...wimps,.....and you people KNOW its true. Stay off the road with real bikers.

bet you got a hell of a toolkit so you can put everything back on your harley that vibrates off

Yip I can confirm the Harleys are broken down more times than they are on the road, as Im usually parked next to them with one of my lambretta,s breaks down. That is why I bought a realible Yamaha I like to arrive at place the same day and driving a bike instead of arriving by AA :blink:

• 4 months later...

HD 's are crap I had a 883 what a pain in the ass! everything broke on it or just fell off..... American dream - American nightmare,

Anyway who wants a load of metal parts that corride in our lovely British wheather let the yanks keep'em for their long dead straight roads.

dont even get me on labour costs!!

Yamaha will be around long after harley's have been consigned to the history books.

p.s this guy is a fu@kin tosser!

I have been riding since 1970 and never once owned a Harley Davidson. Not that I didn't want to. Just couldn't scrape enough cash up or go that deep into debt for a bike. Of the fifteen motorcycles I've owned, all but one were Japanese manufactured and it was a Triumph made in England. I served our country in the Navy during the Vietnam War and now belong to the American Legion Riders as well as the Patriot Guard. These guys mostly ride Harleys but do not mind the rest who don't because we all fought for freedom here in the USA. That includes the freedom of choice as well as the freedom of speech, which unfortunately some of us use to bully and offend others.

This thread was started back in 2007 by a troll. :rolleyes:

It was resurrected again in May 2008 and i did ask then that people please leave it alone as it serves no purpose whatsoever other than for folk to have a pop again. I for one am sick to the back teeth of it now.

I personally couldnt give a shite what bike you ride - if you ride or have an interest thats good enough for me.

And with that i am closing this thread for good.

If you have a problem with that tough - its about time this was buried for good along with the trolls

This post is 5587 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.