All of these bikes are wannabee Harleys

ZoomSplat1982
This post is 5588 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to be done

harleys.jpg

thats in reply to a post on page 1

• 1 month later...

I was once told , MANY years ago, that the ONLY time you see a Harley rider with the wind in his hair is when they are by the side of the road, WAITING FOR THE TOW TRUCK/BREAKDOWN SERVICE> :):):)

I was once told , MANY years ago, that the ONLY time you see a Harley rider with the wind in his hair is when they are by the side of the road, WAITING FOR THE TOW TRUCK/BREAKDOWN SERVICE> :):):)

I heard that most of the harleys that were built are still on the road today, although some did manage to make it home :D

Hell Yeah!

The Big Bad Scary Real Biker is right!!! The mighty power of shining chrome, the true ride for the real immortal warriors, the arm-breaking acceleration and the Sound of Thunder!!!

It's all about Harley - The Mighty Power of the One and Only True Greatest Motorcycle! :blink::D:lol:

... supplying corrupt 3rd world regimes with mustard gas...

I'm not that good in english, but isn't mustard the yellowish thing that you put on your hot-dog to make it more tasty?

Hell Yeah!

The Big Bad Scary Real Biker is right!!! The mighty power of shining chrome, the true ride for the real immortal warriors, the arm-breaking acceleration and the Sound of Thunder!!!

It's all about Harley - The Mighty Power of the One and Only True Greatest Motorcycle! :blink::D:lol:

I'm not that good in english, but isn't mustard the yellowish thing that you put on your hot-dog to make it more tasty?

Mustard gas is so called due to the burning like mustard in your lungs when breathed in. The burning is caused by the gas turning into hydrochloric acid in the lungs.

• 3 weeks later...

I could buy a Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, etc cruiser and buy some $10 Harley Davidson sticker and put it on the Suzuki and go up to you and tell you it's a Harley and you wouldn't have a clue that it wasn't a Harley.

Only someone who's never seen a Harley would fall for that. The only bike that looks remotely close engine wise, would be the Vulcan 2000, and only the dual lifter rods. That said, I wouldn't buy one of those overpriced, unreliable pieces of Wisconsin junk. If Harley had as many engineers as they have lawyers they would probably build a better bike.

haha Chill out Peabody, Anyway, from what I can gather mustard gas was actually the doing of a Frenchman. I suppose your guys theory was better "f**k mustard gas, lets just nuke the ba****ds!!"

haha Chill out Peabody, Anyway, from what I can gather mustard gas was actually the doing of a Frenchman. I suppose your guys theory was better "f**k mustard gas, lets just nuke the ba****ds!!"

Yeah, dusting 250,000 Japanese (mostly women and children) wasn't the most civilized move, but they didn't have long to suffer. That and the U.S. didn't like the idea of fighting everyone of those suicidal zips for another 5 years. If you've never seen the test site for the first detonation, check out White Sands, NM (not the town, the white spot to the north) on google maps.

Who cares if a yamaha or for that matter any other bike make is not a harley,harley is just another bike make.Nice and desireable though they are,they are a bit out of the reach of some people who like the style of bike,not to mention learners who have every right to own and drive that style if they like it.

Maybe there would be more harley drivers if that company saw the interest from learners and produced it's own 125.Kudos to the Japanese for recognising this fact,it just has to be better for their sales and good luck to them.

I mean this bike comparing thing,is all too much like boys and their toys,'mines better than yours'etc. Or for an adult thing,a compensation device for things lacking,the bike does'nt make the man.

Why not just enjoy what you ride and respect others and their choices

Here here, Each to his own I say and I agree, Harley owe a lot to these Japanese companys for introducing them to motorcycles in the first place, after all who learns on a Harley?

• 3 weeks later...

I took an '08 883 Sportster for a test ride the other day, just to see if they are truly the greatest motorcycle.

Bollocks are they!

It was honestly the most uncomfortable and unpleasant thing I have ever ridden! :angry: I was glad to give it back and jump straight back on my Dragstar :D

well im guessing this Zoom guy dont even have a bike lmao

at first i always wanted a harley because i love the noise they make BUT now that i have my stright through drag pipes and a nice shinny hypercharger kit my bike is louder then alot of harley i have seen.

i am friends with a few harley groups and they say the only thing that really gives it away if the little yamaha badge on the side of the engine.

u no i got a nice custom then the harley guys all gather round to have a look and see what all the noise is about?

this Zoom guy sounds a bit r-tarded, trying to put down other people coz there bike is different. sounds like a bit of a chav to me lmao.

I took an '08 883 Sportster for a test ride the other day, just to see if they are truly the greatest motorcycle.

Bollocks are they!

It was honestly the most uncomfortable and unpleasant thing I have ever ridden! :angry: I was glad to give it back and jump straight back on my Dragstar :D

Not trying to sound like a Harley supporter, but to be fair, you did ride the smallest, least powered harley you can buy and the sportsters are the only HD's with hard-mounted motors. All of the bigger models are rubber mounted, so the engine kicks and shakes in the frame without making the rider feel like they're in San Fransisco.

I'm not sure about Britain, (how many HDs are in England anyway?) but in the U.S. the only metric bike that might be mistaken for a Harley is the Kawasaki 2000 Vulcan. The lack of dual lifter rods give all the others away. That said, I ride a Yamaha and wouldn't trade it for a Hardly ableson for any reason.

As for Zoom, I did pretty well studying Geography, but could be wrong, isn't that the French flag on his post? He sounds like a typical, retarded yank harley rider.

Not trying to sound like a Harley supporter, but to be fair, you did ride the smallest, least powered harley you can buy and the sportsters are the only HD's with hard-mounted motors. All of the bigger models are rubber mounted, so the engine kicks and shakes in the frame without making the rider feel like they're in San Fransisco.

Yeah I agree with that and kinda knew that at the time, the only reason I jumped on the Sportster and not the Rocker C is because that was all i'm likely to be able to afford from their catalogue in the near future.

Yeah I agree with that and kinda knew that at the time, the only reason I jumped on the Sportster and not the Rocker C is because that was all i'm likely to be able to afford from their catalogue in the near future.

I've seen the Rocker C. I'll take the Raider. They were compared in every way (except for engine displacement). Needless to say, the Raider ran circles around the Rocker. But then again my bicycle can run circles around a Harley.

I've seen the Rocker C. I'll take the Raider.

Haha busted you harley lover! :P what you meant to say was "I've seen the Rocker C, I've seen the Raider, They're both over priced heaps of shit and i won't take either!"

Just to let all Harley lovers know that in 1945 after the end of the war in Europe, all around England big trenches were dug. This was to dispose of tens of thousands of HD bikes. This was because they had no use in Europe and to have them sent back to the USA would have ruined the motor bike industry there.

So we have so many Harleys in England that we dont know what to do with them.

This post is 5588 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.