Can you lower a Seca II 600?

OKC_Kent
This post is 6223 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

A girl who rides in our group picked up a '93 Seca and the seat is a bit tall for her. She has shaved off some of the seat to get lower, but it's not enough.

Can she do anything to get it lower? I know on some newer bikes you can replace links in the rear suspension to get it lower, but I am not sure about this Seca?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Kent

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a 94 Seca. Now I haven't tried it but I believe the rear shock is adjustable. Not sure how much it would lower it.

Your main problem is giong to be yoru front shocks. Those are tall and if you drop the rear too much she's going to feel like she's popping a wheelie at a redlight.

Best thing to do is call a local bikeshop and tell them the situation and they'll be able to tell you what to do.

I have a 94 Seca. Now I haven't tried it but I believe the rear shock is adjustable. Not sure how much it would lower it.

Your main problem is giong to be yoru front shocks. Those are tall and if you drop the rear too much she's going to feel like she's popping a wheelie at a redlight.

Best thing to do is call a local bikeshop and tell them the situation and they'll be able to tell you what to do.

Thanks for the help, I'll tell her. In doing some searching I noted where someone mentioned a shock from a Buell Blast may fit, it's 1/2 shorter and would lower the seat about 1-1/2" ?? If that would work then I thought maybe we could raise the fork tubes in the triple tree an inch or so.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online