SR250 Exciter Bulb?

OPTheory
This post is 5939 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

The sr250.com website is no more so it seems like any chance of finding some useful documented information on this bike is gone. I can't seem to find any information on the headlights of these bikes. Are they sealed beams? What kind of bulbs do they use? Is it at all possible to use other bulbs that are more readily available at auto parts stores and more powerful?

Also, if the high beams don't work on my current bulb, does that mean there's something wrong with the bulb or perhaps the wiring?

I'd appreciate any insight.

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 9 months later...

I know this is an old post, but hopefully someone solved it. My girlfriend recently took the SR250 through multiple flips into a field.. The bikes not too bad and I've restored mostly all of it. Except the headlight. It was smashed beyond recognition..so I couldn't even get a measurement. In searching the web I found that the 1980-1982 Yamaha SR250's used a sealed beam headlight manufactured by Stanley (bulb #001-2233). The Yamaha part was 3Y6-84320-60 but is now discontinued. Found one on a site for $80 but refuse to choke that price down .. yet. Seems a guy could walk into a parts store and buy a sealed beam light the same size. Anyone know of a NAPA part that is the same? It will need that adjuster screw hole on it I believe. My headlight assembly and chrome ring are fine. Just need the light! Any help would be appreciated.