YBR125 Advice needed

GirlieRider
This post is 6160 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Unfortunately no garage means I have to keep my 56 plate YBR outside under a heavy duty cover. I'm only on L plates and it's not getting heaps of use other than mincing round a local car park practicing manouvres whilst getting my nerve up to go on the road post CBT but the rear brake is squeeking like mad and getting on my nerves. Apart from "get a garage" has anyone got any advice to lessen/get rid of the racket?!

I might also find myself getting in trouble when I go back to rider training for some lessons 'cos they'll know if I'm cheating and using my rear brake 'cos the noise really gives me away :angry: It's probably the weather etc 'cos I don't remember it being bad when I picked it up from the dealers 2 weeks ago.

:D Crikey has it really only bin 2 weeks, feels like it's bin mine for ages :lol: Now that I'm over nose diving the front brake I'm really starting to enjoy it!

Cheers.

Amanda

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes I know I shoulda done but the growing audience had given me a severe attack of the wobblies - and I mean me nerves as well as my bike control - and I needed to go home, lie down in a darkened room and calm down :angry: Stupid woman.

Bin busy since so hoping to get back out there 2nite and sort meself out :blink:

BTW whatdya reckon the chances are of using the ex Mercedes dealership car park on Ranelagh Rd? I see they've decamped to the other side of town. We should get the 125 round the side of the barrier :lol:

Don't see why not but don't fall off and need an ambulance!!

I think that you need to just get out and ride and not worry about these practice sessions so much. On the other hand, I'm not with you so Hubby will know better. You will feel better if you get on and go somewhere and then ride back again in all the traffic. Take Hubby with you if he's good!

You might find that you need to go out with some of the IAM bikers for a while so that they can help you. They meet up the A14 near Stowmarket but you will need to go on their site to find out when.

Get up early on Sundays and just ride!

Master Yoda he right, again :D

I've booked a lesson with Andy from Ipswich Rider Training for next Thursday (wow they're busy!!) so rather than bottle it like I've done before we risked Merc dealership last night. Brilliant fun! MUCH better at braking, stopping on a curve, did loads of mock junctions and came away shattered but smiling. Even got away with it despite a visit from the new land owner who happened to be passing :blink:

BTW for all you Ipswich based folks be warned I'm starting off at British Sugar at 9.30am next Thursday and will end up chez nous in Stoke Park by 11.30am so STAY OFF THE ROADS :D

God help us all!!!

I'm glad that you are gaining in confidance.

It's a pity that more riders don't do as you have done and booked further training. It's all very well zooming around on the bike fighting your lack of skills all the way but at the end of the journey should you feel that tired? No, so go get some training liked Amanda.

Flippin cheek!!! :angry::lol:

As to the go get more training I'm gonna start an argument here by saying in terms of bike riding skills isn't that a more typically female way to go about it?! I bet the two chaps who were on my CBT course haven't [faffed around] doing slow speed manouvres/trying to perfect safe braking etc since ;)

Tee hee, trust me to stir it :lol:

Amanda

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online