XJ600 Seca2 to a Diversion???

atlantasmittie84
This post is 5122 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1994 Yamaha XJ600 SecaII. I'm wanting to convert it into a "Naked Bike" or what many call a "Street Fighter"(Not sure of the difference between the two).

I do know there was a naked version of my bike that was specifically sold to Europe but not the States. I tried to hit up Ebay.UK trying to find headlamps and gauges. But no luck. So I guess I'm going to buy general gauges and a general headlamp and build some brackets for it.

But before I dive headfirst into this I want to know if anyone has had some experience with this conversion or a similar conversion and if they have any advice. That way I don't make the same mistakes they do.

More importantly I'd like to figure out how to clean up the wires. Any help is appreciated. I do have some pictures too...

Here is the bike...

l_265a34583784c818b1e79c62a299449e.jpg

Here is it striped down when I had to replace the gauge bulbs and decided I definetily wanted it naked...

l_1b2c762405b49f14a06985c39b396954.jpg

And here is a Naked XJ600...

600n.jpg

Again any help is apprecaited.

Mark

• 2 years later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey hows it going just got a 95 seca II 600 just wondering if you still have your cowling mine didn't come with one and also wondering if you found the aftermarket parts to give it that street fighter look thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online