wiring short

Bill F
This post is 6233 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I purchased the Acumen DG8 Universal Gear Indicator for my 1999 Royal Star Venture and found the wiring easy except for the tacho pulso wire (this bike does not have a tachometer). I was searching around the pick-up coil and ECU for the wire that would give the pulses that would be necessary to operate the Indicator but never found it. However, I did really cause myself a lot of problems while down there. First, I popped one of the 30A fuses, then I noticed that the headlight fuse was blown (red wire with yellow trace). No matter what I do, I can not keep that 15A headlight fuse from blowing. I have searched everywhere for the short that is causing the problem. Does someone have a solution for both of these problems?

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I purchased the Acumen DG8 Universal Gear Indicator for my 1999 Royal Star Venture and found the wiring easy except for the tacho pulso wire (this bike does not have a tachometer). I was searching around the pick-up coil and ECU for the wire that would give the pulses that would be necessary to operate the Indicator but never found it. However, I did really cause myself a lot of problems while down there. First, I popped one of the 30A fuses, then I noticed that the headlight fuse was blown (red wire with yellow trace). No matter what I do, I can not keep that 15A headlight fuse from blowing. I have searched everywhere for the short that is causing the problem. Does someone have a solution for both of these problems?

Bill

have you got brighter bulbs in your headlamps. if so change them to originals. try that ok