'78 dt100 wont start

gtdragon
This post is 5320 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have been trying to get this thing started and i dont quite know whats wrong. i took the carb out and cleaned it and i also cleaned out the fuel line so the fuel is coming through but it still wont start. i tried the spark plug and it wont even spark so its probably just electrical, but i dont know much about that stuff so if you guys could give me some tips i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!! :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Have you tried a new plug?

This sounds like an ignition circuit problem which you will need to runthrough methodically - have you recently acquired the bike? - and when did it last run?

Most likely the fault is in the low tension side - probably the points, but you need to check everything, really you are going to need a wiring diagram and an electrical tester, but check the simple things first:

Make sure all the connectors are ok and connected in the headlight.

Take off the engine cover and check the condition and operation of the points.

Beyond this you are going to need a tester to verify the coil/condensor etc.

Good luck

:D

• 2 years later...

hate to bring this thread back from the dead but, after giving up years ago im back at this and im fully prepared to get this bike running. i was wondering if there is any wiring diagrams online or if someone has one they could supply me with over email?

hate to bring this thread back from the dead but, after giving up years ago im back at this and im fully prepared to get this bike running. i was wondering if there is any wiring diagrams online or if someone has one they could supply me with over email?

Here you go take your pick.

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=2322761#2322761

You have to thank Dewpy for this, its pinned in the workshop section.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online