BOGS

dave750r
This post is 6261 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HELLO I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OR DIRECT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

I HAVE A 94 YZF 750R I JUST BOUGHT IT THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I'M AT A STOP OR RED LIGHT WHEN I TAKE OFF IN FIRST GEAR IF I DONT REV IT TO ABOUT 4000RPM IT BOGS SPUTTERS AND SOMETIMES IT TURNS OFF ON ME NOT SURE WHAT IT IS IT ALSO FEELS A LITTLE UNDER POWERED BIKE RUNS SMOOTH ON FREEWAY COULD IT BE SOMETHING ELECTRICAL THAT SHUTS OFF GAS FLOW?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey there well it sounds like it could be mis-firering, that would explain the high revs you need to pull away. I would try changing the spark plug and leads, clean and balance the carbs, also check the valve clearances. I've heard that valves need to be checked about every 16k miles, take it to a garage and get a good service done (or if your able do it yourself) and i would think that would do the trick.

Hope that helps dude good luck. :D

It could be a problem with too little electrical power at idle. This will reduce the spark voltage causing misfire. At higher rpms there will be enough power to run the bike.

You need to check the voltages in the manual against what you get on the bike.

Simple changes such as the spark plugs, battery, and renewing the bikes ground (earth) to ensure full charging would be a way forward.

Let us know what you find.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online