yamaha fj1200

tat2bear
This post is 6260 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

has anyone had problems with the oil censor on fj1200's preventing ignition? my oil light comes up when i turn ignition key, the level is correct at 4.2 litres but i cant get the light to go out and the bike wont start, any suggestions, thanks Martyn.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Martyn

I doubt very much that its an oil problem, the oil warning light will always come on briefly when you turn the ignition on. If you have the kill switch off the oil light will iluminate when you push the start button but the engine will not turn over. Try cleaning the kill switch contacts. Other than that I suspect an electrical problem, could be the main earth connector this is prone to problems on the FJ's. It's located at the rear of the engine block ( It's a right B***ard to get at).

Hope this helps let us know how you get on.

Adam.

Hi Martyn

I doubt very much that its an oil problem, the oil warning light will always come on briefly when you turn the ignition on. If you have the kill switch off the oil light will iluminate when you push the start button but the engine will not turn over. Try cleaning the kill switch contacts. Other than that I suspect an electrical problem, could be the main earth connector this is prone to problems on the FJ's. It's located at the rear of the engine block ( It's a right B***ard to get at).

Hope this helps let us know how you get on.

Adam.

hello Adam, i cleaned the switch connections and it seems to have done the job,thankyou very much, Martyn.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online