barn find, what's it worth?

84fj100barnfind
This post is 6104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Noobie here with an amazing find: a 1984 FJ1100 with 105.7 miles. I've been searching the internet all day and can find no information on what it's worth. The Barber Museum suggested Kelley Blue Book. Strangely enough the Blue Book didn't have a class for factory new 24 year old motorcycles. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me. I'd appreciate anything, thanks for your time.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Gotta agree with Yoda here.......

1 thing to watch out for with the 11's though.....is 2nd gear tends to wear uncommonly quick

Although, you probably won't see too much wear on it yet with only 105.7 miles

BTW...... :welcome: to the forum ;)

Gotta agree with Yoda here.......

1 thing to watch out for with the 11's though.....is 2nd gear tends to wear uncommonly quick

Although, you probably won't see too much wear on it yet with only 105.7 miles

BTW...... :welcome: to the forum ;)

I have found some info about that second gear thing. Makes me think that this bike shouldn't be riden at all, I think it should go in a museum somewhere.

Anybody know of any museums who would want to buy this bike?

as its 24 yrs old then keep it till its 25, when it becomes classic.

values depend on markets it no ones intrested in that model then its worthless, but if its sought after then its valued much higher.

look to see what others are selling at and if its mint you know its worth more than the ones on sale.

but ive a few 70s jap bikes that are cheap as anything but on the other hand i was offered £4500 for one of my ty50ps as they are rare ( and 30 yrs old ).

what you have to ask is what do you want from it, is it financial or would you be happy riding it or as with me would you do the rounds of shows with it.

I have found some info about that second gear thing. Makes me think that this bike shouldn't be riden at all, I think it should go in a museum somewhere.

Anybody know of any museums who would want to buy this bike?

Dont use second gear.