Considering an RD 350 ( YPVS )

greydreamer
This post is 6223 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have not ridden a bike in too many years ( decades even ) but now have the time and inclination to return to a bike I never owned, but wished I had.

I have been trying to read up on the above bike, there seems to have been some manufacturing outsourcing to other countries for this bike ( Brazil ? ) and if so, are they as good ? If not how do I tell where it came from without s/n or similar.

One comment I saw said they often stalled in the rain, surely not ?

If I get to viewing a possible bike, does this model have any specific quirks I should out for ? A few adverts seem to offer very low mileage < 20k, for something approaching 17-18 years old, is this normal.

I hope to become a regular to this forum, probably on the technical pages before the end of the year!

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have not ridden a bike in too many years ( decades even ) but now have the time and inclination to return to a bike I never owned, but wished I had.

I have been trying to read up on the above bike, there seems to have been some manufacturing outsourcing to other countries for this bike ( Brazil ? ) and if so, are they as good ? If not how do I tell where it came from without s/n or similar.

One comment I saw said they often stalled in the rain, surely not ?

If I get to viewing a possible bike, does this model have any specific quirks I should out for ? A few adverts seem to offer very low mileage < 20k, for something approaching 17-18 years old, is this normal.

I hope to become a regular to this forum, probably on the technical pages before the end of the year!

Cheers.

Hi I have owned 2 of the imported later YPVS's although some time ago now, when they first came over. Its easy to tell the difference. The later imported version has twin round headlights and has fairing fills between the frame/tank and fairing. The second one I owned I covered over 20k on including touring holidays in europe. Its suprisingly good as an all rounder whilst still having the brilliant 2 stroke screamer engine. Only 1 think to look out for really is that its not restricted. When first imported they had restriction washers in the header pipes. its easy to tell though, the engine won't rev out on the road, the difference is massive. Reliability on the ones I had was good.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online