dt 125r wierd carb problem

wal
This post is 6234 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all

Im a newbie so cut me a little slack ... iv just rebuilt the top end on my 96 dtr it ran a little boggy when i first started it and the overflow pipe at the bottom of the carb was pissing out petty. so i took the carb to bits and gave it a dam good clean all looked ok so i refitted the carb and ran it again ...... the leak stopped but after a few minutes of riding it started to bog down when i went under 3 thousand revs and this gradually got worse.... it just about got me home after a few stop starts.

My mate told me that i forgot to block the 2 stroke pipe.... because i took the oil pump off and i am pre mixing...now it is running really crisp at the slightest touch of the throttle but the overflow is gushing fuel again yet it runs gr8....its got me really confused...any suggestions you guys and gals have will be more than welcome.

love the site btw

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all

... iv just rebuilt the top end on my 96 dtr it ran a little boggy when i first started it and the overflow pipe at the bottom of the carb was pissing out petty. so i took the carb to bits and gave it a dam good clean all looked ok so i refitted the carb and ran it again ...... the leak stopped but after a few minutes of riding it started to bog down when i went under 3 thousand revs and this gradually got worse.... it just about got me home after a few stop starts.

My mate told me that i forgot to block the 2 stroke pipe.... because i took the oil pump off and i am pre mixing...now it is running really crisp at the slightest touch of the throttle but the overflow is gushing fuel again yet it runs gr8....its got me really confused...any suggestions you guys and gals have will be more than welcome.

love the site btw

Hi

Sounds like the float valve is faulty or not shutting off the fuel when the float bowl is full - you need to dismantle the carb and check the valve operation and float height settings.

Good luck

:D

Hi

Sounds like the float valve is faulty or not shutting off the fuel when the float bowl is full - you need to dismantle the carb and check the valve operation and float height settings.

Good luck

thanx fozdyke i think you got it spot on the float seems to be sticking ...bent pin i think but cant realy tell so im looking for a new carb rather than spend weeks messing about with it ..im selling the bike when its run in and i dont want to pass the problem on

thanx again..

Wal

• 2 weeks later...

thanx fozdyke i think you got it spot on the float seems to be sticking ...bent pin i think but cant realy tell so im looking for a new carb rather than spend weeks messing about with it ..im selling the bike when its run in and i dont want to pass the problem on

thanx again..

Wal

YEP foz spot on gor a carb from a 95dt the orher day runs sweet as a nut now thanx again.

WAL

YEP foz spot on gor a carb from a 95dt the orher day runs sweet as a nut now thanx again.

WAL

Glad you got it sorted.

What bike are you getting next?